Occidental Thesis

2.16.2007

The Email Survey

This is the email I sent out to people to respond to...

Hey guys,
As some of you might know, I am currently doing my last semester at school--the thesis semester. For my project, I am exploring stereotypes of Asian women; all different aspects of this in pop culture, the media, and our own day-to-day lives. I am interested in your thoughts.

The final form of the project will ultimately be in book form and I would like to incorporate your messages into the pages of the book. If you don't feel comfortable with me using what you say, that's fine. I would love to hear from you all, though--just let me know whether or not I can use your words in the book. Also, I may have to edit a bit to get things to fit nicely on a page or so, but I will send you a proof of it so you can approve or disapprove of the editing. I will let you know at all times what is going to be reproduced.

So I am asking for your thoughts.
These are a few questions to respond to, or if you would prefer to respond to images, I am including those as well.
Feel ok to be as honest as you can be. I am not looking for any answer in particular. Respond how you will. These questions are just discussion starters. Feel free to share your experiences. I will contact you if I am interested in using your responses.

Also go ahead and pass this email along to more people. Make sure they respond to this email address:
occidentalthesis@gmail.com

The more responses the better. It will be great to get your thoughts.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Go Thesis!
Debbie Yoon
http://www.occidentalthesis.blogspot.com

Questions to Reflect On:

1. When was the first time you remember seeing an Asian/Asian-American woman in the media? What was it like?

2. What has been your experience with stereotypes of Asian/Asian-American women? How has this affected, or not affected you?

3. How do you handle stereotyping?

4. What preconceptions have you had of Asian/Asian-American women? In what ways have they been validated or not?

6. Or you can respond to these images.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home